The Manitoba Investment Immigration Program (PNP-B) is changing in 2017
The Manitoba Provincial Nomination Program for Business (PNP-B) is the most affordable investment immigration program in Canada. For years, it has offered guaranteed Permanent Residence status, rapid processing, and the opportunity to start a small business in Manitoba.
On November 25, 2016, the Premier of Manitoba announced 2017 will be the year for improvements to the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program for Business.
- MPNP Business Draft Proposals for Program Changes in 2017 Include:
- Introduction of Ineligible Businesses
- Enhanced definition of what constitutes an eligible investment
- Limit extensions of the date for establishing a business to one year
- Business change request not accepted if investment less than initial commitment
- Higher investment amount, beyond the current $150,000 CAD level
- More job creation: currently there is no requirement for the number of local, Canadian-filled jobs created by participants
- Extra points for businesses located outside Winnipeg: it is very likely there will be incentives for businesses who will be located in Brandon and other Manitoba towns outside Winnipeg
Changes will be implemented sometime after April 2017. Applicants who qualify under the current rules should aim to submit their full and formal application before changes are implemented.
We offer exciting group exploratory tours to Manitoba, with two tours scheduled for 2017. We also offer private exploratory tours to fit your busy schedule.
To learn more about the Manitoba Investment Immigration Program (PNP-B), and to stay up to date on all the changes, visit our Manitoba Investment Immigration page often.